This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

NuGet package for managed esent

May 3, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to get managed esent packaged as a nuget package? It would make it significantly easier to use managed esent in my apps as the build process is already set up to get dependencies from nuget.

Happy to help with manifest and/or info on how to upload the package if needed.

Thanks!

Miles

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I agree this would be nice to have. It also makes things easier for those that have packages that depend on managed esent.

Developer
Nov 3, 2011 at 7:16 AM

I hadn't heard of nuget before, so I may have gotten the manifest wrong. I placed all of the files from the .zip in the package. Can you please take a look and let me know if I put too much in there? Should it just be Esent.Interop.dll without the PDB or XML documentation files?

-martin

https://nuget.org/List/Packages/ManagedEsent

E:\tmp\managedesent\1.6 $ nuget push ManagedEsent.1.0.nupkg
Pushing ManagedEsent 1.0 to the NuGet gallery (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=207106)...
Publishing ManagedEsent 1.0 to the NuGet gallery (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=207106)...
Your package was published.

Nov 16, 2011 at 7:22 PM

The NuGet package is broken.

1. Dependency on package called 'SampleDependency' should not be there.  Attempting to install:
    PS C:\dev\temp> .\NuGet.exe i ManagedEsent
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'SampleDependency (= 1.0)'.
    Unable to resolve dependency 'SampleDependency (= 1.0)'.

2. Package version should match the project version (1.6)

3. The PDB and XML documentation files should be there, but the XML files need to be in same folder (net20) as the PDB and DLL files and *not* in the content folder.

4. The python files are probably not necessary.

5. The readme.rtf is probably not necessary either.

I'd supply a fix for the nuspec file but I can't find it in the source...

Regards

Developer
Nov 18, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Thanks for the report damianh! This week is proving to be incredibly busy, so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to look at it.

-martin

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:39 AM

No problem.

NuGet is the best mechanism to get your hard (and appreciated) work to a wider audience.

And TFS is the worst mechanism to get contributions from a wider audience. ;)

Developer
Nov 21, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Thanks for the details. I verified that the new package (1.6) works.

I took your suggestion and dropped the python files, but I left the readme.rtf since it's so small anyway.

Unfortunately, we're not allowed to take contributions from the wider audience. :(

-martin

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Doesn't look like the assembly that is published is signed. Any chance on getting one that is?

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Before you decide to sign it, read this.

Developer
Dec 21, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Thanks for the link Damian. I'll need to read up on it. I also wouldn't have time to do it before vacation anyway. 

-martin

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Don't think there is any rush. Enjoy your break.

On Dec 21, 2011 6:47 p.m., "martinc" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks for the link Damian. I'll need to read up on it. I also wouldn't have time to do it before vacation anyway.

-martin

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ManagedEsent@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ManagedEsent@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:38 AM

I'm agree too... this is a nice to have :-).