This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How can I use a TupleIndex?

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:24 AM

I'm going to implement a full-text search using ESENT, but I don't find a tuple index implemented in ManagedESENT. Is there some way to get it?

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:34 AM

You are correct, the tuple index support isn't fully available through the interop layer. I wouldn't suggest using it anyway because:

1. Older versions of Esent have some bugs in that area.
  2. It isn't useful for full-text searching. Full-text searching requires word breakers and some sort of inverted index structure to be efficient. Tuple indexes are used for substring searching (e.g. all columns that contain 'xyzzy', even inside of a word) and don't have the right semantics for full-text.
Aug 18, 2011 at 7:17 AM
Edited Aug 18, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Thank you for your reply.

I actually would like to use PersistentDictionary(abbr. PD) as NoSQL solution of my website, move some long-text content from SQL Server table to PD.

It IS fast inserting and retrieving key/value pairs. However, I found it slow when search through values which I really need. If I can't use TupleIndex, is there any other method for me to do? Substring search is just fine for me if it works.

Thanks again.