Status of Microsoft.Database.Isam?

Jul 20, 2015 at 9:30 PM
Hi - just wondering what the status of the Microsoft.Database.Isam project is. I notice a number of issues were reported in this thread:
https://managedesent.codeplex.com/discussions/568888

Are there any plans to release an updated nuget package to address these issues anytime soon?

Thanks.
Developer
Jul 24, 2015 at 12:28 AM
That is a perfectly fair question. I had been intending to add the tests and push out a new nupkg, but I should probably just push out the fixes without the proper tests first. Unfortunately, I am going on vacation, and will be unable to do this until mid- to late-August.

I apologize.

-martin
Jul 28, 2015 at 5:20 PM
Have a nice vacation, Martin. I can't wait to see a new release. And dont't worry about the tests: If anything breaks, we will let you know. ;-)
I just wonder whether you have considered publishing your development branch at Codeplex or GitHub so that we could have the bugfixes available as soon as you commit them to the repo.
Developer
Aug 12, 2015 at 8:22 PM
I've added a new checkin (90775), but it will take a little while to do the binary signing (it requires multiple people to sign a binary).

We already have a source code repository at codeplex, but the directory structure is different than our internal source control server. It still requires someone to 'port' the changes from one server to another, and it's annoying enough that I don't do it very often. :)

-martin
Aug 16, 2015 at 12:50 AM
Moving to GitHub would be great, especially if you welcome contributions.
Developer
Aug 21, 2015 at 6:50 PM
It looks like Codeplex can host Git! http://codeplex.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Using%20Git%20with%20CodePlex

But I'll admit to being a bit of a dinosaur and never really using Git. I read something a while ago by Scott Chacon on Git, however having never seriously used it in real life I don't know the Best Practices. That sounds pretty lame though even as I'm typing it. :)

As for welcoming contributions, that was something that we couldn't do for various reasons when we first shared the code. However that was a few years ago, and I'll look in to whether the policies have changed.

Is there much point in moving to Git if we don't accept contributions?

-martin
Aug 29, 2015 at 9:17 PM
Is there much point in moving to Git if we don't accept contributions?
IMHO, there is no point in that. Especially if you do not have much time for the project...
Aug 29, 2015 at 9:22 PM
We already have a source code repository at codeplex, but the directory structure is different than our internal source control server. It still requires someone to 'port' the changes from one server to another, and it's annoying enough that I don't do it very often. :)
Would it perhaps be possible to somehow unify the directory structures? Or creating a mighty script? ;-)
Developer
Aug 31, 2015 at 5:49 PM
Unfortunately, it isn't trivial to unify the directory structure. Our repository insists on having a separate 'dev' and 'test' tree.
I already have some scripts that make the structures match. :)

-martin