This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multiple dictionaries in a single database?

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:09 PM
Hi,
We're using PersistentDictionary in one of our applications, and depending on the configuration of our application n instances of the persistentDictionary will be created.
The result is pretty much what's already described in http://managedesent.codeplex.com/discussions/439259 , so we can't continue to use it as it is.

I read through above discussion, but I doubt it's possible to solve our requirement through artifical keys - many implementation details (like locking) would leak to business layers and the performance IMHO would decrease as well.

Walking through the code I think that it's possible to rewrite and configure some of the internals like CreateGlobalsTable/CreateDataTable so multiple PersistentDictonaries can reside in a single database. This way it should (could?) be possible that it can be used as before and can keep up the performance.

Do you think that this can be achieved or do you think it's better to remove PersistentDictionary from our application and use the JET API directly?

BR, Klaus
Apr 16, 2015 at 6:40 PM
This is on the feature roadmap.
Marked as answer by linky on 8/10/2015 at 3:18 AM
Apr 17, 2015 at 8:21 AM
Glad to hear that.
If you're interested I can give you our current implementation and test cases.