This is the 1.1 release of the managed interop layer for the Windows ESENT embedded database engine. While this release covers the functionality used in the majority of esent applications, some of the more esoteric APIs (JetEscrowUpdate, JetIntersectIndexes) are not provided yet.
- The Esent.Interop DLL which is 70kb. It works with the esent.dll installed on the machine.
- XML documentation
- A small sample application showing how to create, update and query a database.
The full source-code download includes the test suite, utility application (meta-data and CSV dumping) along with 'Hello World' applications in C++/CLI, Visual Basic, C# and C (using the unmanaged API).
For IronPython users esedb.zip is a dbm interface to Esent.
Changes in this release include:
- Reject non Unicode/ASCII encodings.
- Don't throw an exception from finalizers.
- Enable TRACE conditional for TraceFunctionCall.
- Fixes to tests for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
This release has been tested on:
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 Beta